The Esala Perahera in Kandy is one of the oldest and grandest of all Buddhist festivals in Sri Lanka, featuring dancers, jugglers, musicians, fire-breathers, and lavishly decorated elephants which hosts in Kandy Sri Lanka`s second city encompasses so much. The glittering Esala Perahera, which is 235 years old, is one of the grandest events we have in Sri Lanka.
The Kandy Esala Perahera lasts for ten days while various festivities can be witnessed right throughout. The pageant itself is one of spectacular colour involving the parading of elephants, drummers, traditional dances, fire jugglers & dances and a host more all to the exciting tune of traditional drums and music.
Start from Colombo and continue the journey around the Sri Lanka’s rich cultural triangle. Start by visiting the elephants in Pinnawela, the history and culture in Sigiriya and Polonnaruwa, the heritage in Kandy, witnessing the glittering Esala Perahera.
- A bicycle ride through the ancient kingdom of Polonnaruwa.
- Visit to the Cave Temple Complex in Dambulla to explore the paintings depicting the Life and preaching of the Ven. Lord Buddha
- Visit to the World Heritage Rock Fortress of Sigiriya
- Witness the world famous pageant the Kandy “Esala Perahera” which is one of Sri Lanka’s seven UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- A cultural dance performance featuring an array of traditional dances.
- Accommodation for 07 days in 4-5 star properties
- Transportation throughout the duration of the tour (Including airport transfers)
- An English Speaking Chauffer guide for the duration of the tour
- Meals: Breakfast and Breakfast Basis
- Entrance fees to Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage, Sigiriya Rock Fortress, Dambulla Cave temples, Polonnaruwa Ancient City , Temple of the Sacred Tooth relic, Cultural Show in Kandy
- Special giveaway: 1 Perahara Ticket per parade free!!!
Negombo / Pinnawala /Dambulla / Sigiriya / Polonnaruwa / Kandy / Colombo
Price Valid from 25th July to 10th August 2017
USD 1150 per person sharing a Double Room
Savings Savings up to 15%