Hiriwaduna is a small village in Habarana, close to the city of Sigiriya. The village is home to a small number of villagers who live about their simple lives in the midst of nature, and wildlife. Their main livelihood is fishing or agriculture.
This experience will enable you to get a taste of the village life in Sri Lanka.
Some highlights of this tour ;
- Observe or join in with the villagers in their morning tasks like fishing or washing clothes
- Enjoy a journey through the lake by catamaran
- Pick some fresh vegetables from the plot and join in the preparation of a simple meal prepared in the traditional method using clay pots and firewood as fuel
- Sample authentic local cuisine
- Journey through dense shrub forests, home to many forest birds and other wildlife